3.29.2010

will exercise for a reward.

it's pretty simple. i love to work out. but i got into this awful habit when we moved to slc {seriously slc, you're cramping my style!} of not working out. ever. i was lucky to go once a week or even once a month. for those of you who know me beginning in the salt lake era, let me explain...i used to be a gym rat. i NEEDED my hour+ at the gym each day and if i didn't get it, i was an ornery gal to be sure. it was normal for me to spend 2-3 hours at the gym on saturday morning or go out and run 10 miles. i love getting my sweat on and feeling good about burning calories. well, you know that little adage "use it or you'll lose it"? well that totally happened! but i found a cure. i recently started working out at the UofU fieldhouse {membership costs me a measly $8/month compared to the $35/month i was paying for a gym membership at 24 hour fitness} and the give you this little punch card to track the days you hit the gym. for 30 times you get a free t-shirt, for 54 times you get a free hoodie sweatshirt. i'm all about the free, so i jumped on this when i found out about it. i'm a little bummed because i calculated the days to the end of the semester and i'm gonna miss getting a sweatshirt by a few days, but i'll get a t-shirt for sure. hooray for free stuff and exercise!

3 comments:

mckenzie said...

You gym rat! thanks for putting up with weakling me. Totally made my night!

kaitlyn said...

good for you stace! i HATE getting back into shape. it is rough... but once you are there it feels amazing!

PS, your friend kelli up there... are they looking for more people to do that biggest loser contest? because if so, i am in. will you let her know for me and email me or something? or give her my email? thanks!

C, J, T, and M said...

I think free was my first word. Good for you!