3.28.2010

march madness!!



a couple weeks ago, chris and i were up at my grandparents house for dinner when my grandpa asked chris was he was doing march 25 and 27. since that was still a ways out, we both shrugged our shoulders and said we didn't have anything of importance going on those two days. then my grandpa pulls out tickets for the sweet sixteen and elite eight games that were going to be held at the energy solutions arena in downtown slc.



chris was immediately stoked and luckily, all three games we were able attend did not disappoint. the ball was amazing, the crowd was raucous, the food was greasy and delicious, and i had a great view of jimmer fredette of the byu sqaud and a couple of his cronies. it was so fun to be able to cheer for the underdog (butler) and watch them win not once, but twice! they dethroned the one seed (syracuse) and then a two seed (kansas state). chris told me last night he was so excited about butler, that if it came down to duke and butler (chris is a HUGE duke fan) that he might have to cheer for butler over duke...WHAT?!? i've never been hoarse from a sporting event before....but man was it worth it! gotta love march madness.

1 comments:

ms said...

We are Jimmer fans, but every time I see him, I have to say "Froto Baggins." They could be brothers. (Not Elijah Wood, but Froto)

I'm glad I got to talk to you today. I miss you! You have gone back blonde it looks like - I like it. I'll have to send you a picture of my hair, I just chopped it.

We've been loving March madness too. We've been tuned into the tube for like 2 weeks straight. I can't believe you got to go to those games - Perkins was there too. Your grandparents are awesome, geez.