6.14.2009

L to the P

we didn't waste much time when chris was finally done with school for the summer to let the partying begin.  literally we left like 2 hours after his last final of the year for lake powell... quite possible my most favorite place on the planet. my parents were there with my sister chelsea {who just graduated} and five of her friends.  grandma and grandpa brinkerhoff were there along with my mom's sister and her fam.  it was a really short stay {we could only spend friday and saturday night} and the weather and water conditions were less than desirable this go round, but it was still enjoyable and a week later, i'm still wishing we were there.  

chris wakeboarded, i skied, we both tubed, slept and ate a lot.  


i can't get enough of the red rocks against the water.
obviously.
my parents got this sweet tube that you sit up on. best thing about it? you don't fall off. my dad put me, chelsea and chris on and actually tried to get us off {pretty hard} and didn't succeed.

my cute mom.

chris hoping that the overhanging rocks don't suddenly break lose and crush us

my dad making a pretty sweet cut.
chris catching some air {it's a little difficult when you combine no tower with a sucky wakeboard, but he's still fun to watch}
told you i couldn't get enough

cousin sydney... i love it when i catch the rays of sunshine.

chelsea and her sweet yellow aviators {not too shabby for $5 from wal-mart}

2 comments:

Cory & Alli said...

So jealous!!! I love Lake Powell!

Sami said...

It looks like you had a ton of fun! We are very jealous.