1.13.2009

i got a new toy

chris has always told me that he is a bad gift giver and frankly, i'd have to agree with him about 90% of the time. so i was a little leary this year when chris told me he was gonna gift me one combo gift for my birthday, christmas and our anniversary {which all happen to be in december}. i love opening gifts, so i was at first bummed by the idea because i would only get to open one gift for three holidays and i was worried about what he could possibly get me...... alas, i agreed to the big present idea and waited fitfully until christmas morning came. imagine my surprise and sheer delight when i opened this little guy:

{cannon rebel xs camera for those of you who are less than educated, j/k}
{chris looking pleased with himself}
i was so excited i could hardly wait the 4 hours for the battery to charge. i've always love love loved photography, and taking pictures with a run of the mill point and shoot wasn't doing it for me when i knew i could be taking wonderful pictures. i've loved it so far and i'm hoping to take a photography class this summer {see my new year's resolution list}. at my sisters wedding the photographer told me i had good form {!} and he even offered to let me come and shoot a wedding with him {too bad i'm not living in ABQ at the moment}. i took like 500 pictures the weekend we were in ABQ for dani's wedding and i could spend hours tweaking and adjusting the pics on the computer, which is almost as fun as taking them.


{b-e-a-utiful sister chelsea... i don't know why, but i love this one}

hopefully i'll get a minute to clean up some more of my sister's wedding photos and i'll post those soon!

2 comments:

kaitlyn said...

i could pretty much kill you.... just out of jealousy! oh well, i hope you enjoy your new camera! (i say that with quite a bit of grudging).

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

I AM SO JEALOUS!!! that's funny that you got one because this whole week the only thing i have been talking about to quinn has been how i want to get back into photography and i need a new camera. congrats!! now when i finally get mine, you'll have to teach me how to use it. :)