9.19.2008

tri-ing it out



so chris and i are leaving this morning for st. george. tomorrow my dad and i are participating in the st. george kokopelli triathlon. {you don't have to tell me i know i'm not well in the head}. it's a 1 mile swim, 26 mile bike, and 6 mile run. my dad has been training and preparing like crazy to get ready...and i have been less than dedicated so we'll see how it goes. i keep telling my dad he needs to be prepared to peel me off the sidewalk. but although i'm not nearly as ready as i should be, i'm strangely excited for the event. maybe it's just the idea of getting out of town for a couple days and not having to worry about much. chris will be my cheerleader and camera man so hopefully we have some good pictures displaying the race.

6 comments:

kaitlyn said...

i am so glad that you are back blogging.... i have to say i like to read yours because i don't see you ever, as opposed to the other blogs i look at so it is a nice treat!

Good luck with the tri! you will be great!

Are you guys gearing up to have babies or are you waiting until chris is further along in med school?

bec said...

I'm so excited for you! I wish we could come watch, I bet you are going to be awesome.

Tannon said...

Hey, Stace! Yeah- the activity went well. It was pretty fun. We missed you guys, but I'm sure you're having a blast. I can't wait to hear all about the triathlon! You're my hero...

mccall said...

Woops... That comment up there was totally me :-)

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

you are such a stud! i want to be just like you!

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

to answer your question, yes that is fabric on the walls. we made that big black frame just out of crown molding and framed some amy butler fabric that i loved. the rest of the framed fabric is just cool finds from thrift stores. i'm kinda a thrift store nerd. another idea is to frame scrapbook paper. i found some really cool prints and just decided to frame them. along with some beach pictures from a hawaii calendar that i bought. we are trying to do a beach theme for jayden's room with a surf board and all and the calendar went perfectly so i cut our the pics and framed them. cheap and easy. i'm sure your place is bomb. post some pics.