3.07.2008

ridiculus

chris and i registered for a mountain biking class and since it's only a block class {meaning it lasts half the semester} we met for the first time on tuesday. we didn't ride but we went over the syllabus and the course schedule. each week we will ride for 2 1/2 hours in class and then outside of class as a "lab" we need a 1 1/2 hour ride and then do a write up on it. our professor mentioned that in some situations it would be ok to go jogging or ride on the road. since i'm running in the moab half marathon this weekend {i know, i know people are probably really getting sick of hearing about this} i figured that that could surely count for my lab ride since i've been focusing all my exercise efforts to running this week. that and my legs probably couldn't do 1 1/2 hours on a bike after running almost 2 hours. so i emailed the TA {who is a notable 3 dollar bill if i do say so myself} asking him if i could just substitute my run for the ride. he responds with "i would prefer that you ride"...ok how ridiculus is that. so apparently i have to get my happy {and probably sore} can out either saturday, sunday or monday and ride for and hour and a half. maybe i'm whining but i really thought this TA {who is most likely on a power trip} has no understanding of anything outside mountain biking.

3 comments:

The Original Fred said...

I'll bring a bike and you can ride the Slick Rock Trail. I'm sure that your Sadist TA would be happy.

Jill Langston Kaufusi said...

What an a-hole.

ms said...

I already had two people from my class (of seven people) ask me where I got my earrings...you rock!