2.23.2008

ten miles

i think i have a disease. every time i finish a race i get this amazing adrenaline rush and go sign up for another race down the road. for some reason i forget all the training and miles involved. this morning i got up and set out on a run--a 10 mile run. who does that? in order to be somewhat ready for the moab half marathon in 2 weeks i had to run at least 10 miles to feel gooad about life. the first and last miles are always the hardest for me, trying to talk myself into not stopping to walk. luckily, today i succeeded in that battle and will hopefully be "ready" to run the 13.1 in two weeks with my dad.
{that's me on the left with the sunglasses...in my dreams}

4 comments:

ms said...

You are amazing! Geez, I sat around all morning while you were out being an aerobic champion...

chris said...

Me too... (on the sitting around all morning). Ok, actually i was in the anatomy lab all morning, even more lame! But you really are amazing honey! and not just because you get up on saturday and run 10 miles.

chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bec said...

I just wanted to inform Chris that posting comments is just a small step away from having your own blog. And Staci, you are inspiring. I wish I was out there running with you.