2.03.2008

cool runnings

yesterday afternoon i needed to let off some steam and i figured since i'd better get going on my mileage for moab, i set off on a run. it has been snowing unceasingly for the mast month and so there is still lots of snow on the ground and chris is very wary of letting me go run by myself. but he had a buddy over, so i figured he couldn't object. i always layer too much on the top so i decided to skip the wind breaker that i usually wear on top of my t-shirt, long sleeve and sweat shirt. i also skipped on the head band over my ears. i had a great run and felt really good. once i get going, i actually prefer running in colder temps as opposed to warmer ones. i like that once i get sweaty and my body warms up, i don't overheat and i can just enjoy the music in my ipod. i originally set out to do my usual 4 miler, but at the turn off to go home, i went straight instead. which ended up adding 2 more miles on. by the time i got back to the house, i was pretty wiped out. i haven't been running on a consistent basis {the last time i ran was over a week ago} and to just go out and run 6 miles probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. since about 20 minutes after i finished my run yesterday, i've been having the usual runner's bowel issues {if you know me well at all you'll know what i'm talking about!} lucky me...happy running

1 comments:

The Original Fred said...

My ears are cold just thinking about running without a head band this time of the year. The cold bath after a run really seems to help me with my issues, I wonder if it would help you with yours.