2.20.2008

baby blanket {this one's for you mom}

since i got my new bernina sewing machine for my birthday back in december, i've been itching to make something fantastic. i didn't really have any supplies or real knowledge when i first started out and i was too timid to get into something before starting my sewing class. now that class has been in session for awhile, my confidence has developed a little and i was feeling adventurous. our friends dan and kelli have the most adorable baby and got a super cute baby blanket as a gift. i thought that making one for andra's baby would be the perfect gift. i had only a picture in my head of what it wanted to look like and i set off to the fabric store to get supplies. when i got to joann's i was a little overwhelmed. i had no idea how big it would be, let alone how much fabric i would need. so i started grabbing different types of fabric from the shelves until i had a wide variety of pinks and browns {tylee's room is pink and brown}. i went up to the cutting counter and i probably looked like a total moron because i told her what i was doing but that i had no idea what i needed. luckily the girl was very helpful and she hooked me up with all the necessary stuff. i had so much fun putting it together {i stayed up all night one night doing it} and i was pretty pleased with how it turned out. look out all you pregnant gals out there, baby blankets are coming your way.

3 comments:

ms said...

Impressive Stace! I'm at home blowing snot into kleenex and you are sewing to your heart's content. Sign me up! It turned out great.

bec said...

It looks so nice! I have a sewing project idea in mind, maybe I can come over and hang out with you and your machine sometime : )

Kelli and Dan said...

Stace, you are brilliant! The blanket looks beautiful. Maybe when you come to boise this summer you can teach me how to make those. I have a sewing machine too that I wished I used way more often. Actually I just started a project, I am making a blanket for Dan out of all of his old sports t shirts and jerseys. I have done one for me before but I seem to have forgotten how to do it, so it will be an adventure and you have inspired me to go work on it right now. Miss you guys!