12.25.2007

anti-christmas

last night on a whim, the fam decided to see the movie "the golden compass". my dad has been reading the book to mckenzie and they were both pretty stoked about the movie coming out, despite the author's blatant statements about his goals to preach anti-god ideals to young children. i found it kinda strange that we would see this anti-christian movie on the eve of the most christian holiday in history, but no matter. we went to the movie and chris and i sat through the whole thing completely confused. chris and i had no idea what was going on and because we got to the theater late, we had to sit by ourselves so mckenzie or my dad couldn't even explain what was going on. the acting was bad and the story was so unorganized it was awful. even though we had to pay for the movie and then had to sit through it for two hours, i'm glad it was bad because that means that the sequels will probably not make it and that no more anti-god press will pollute little kid's minds.

3 comments:

chris said...

Well im not really sure where the anti-god stuff is coming from because i didn't get that at all from it, but the movie was awful! one of the worst i have ever seen! Save yourself some time and money and don't see it. for the record my vote was "I am legend." How is that one?

bec said...

I've heard the books are really good and make you think a lot about existing and having a soul. I'm not sure if the movie is based on just the first book or all three, but I heard the author doesn't get into his anti-god preaching a lot until the 2nd book. "I am Legend" looks good. Pretty intense though.

Brandon said...

I saw "Alvin and the Chipmunks" over the break. Timeless classic!