8.11.2007

new job

i have re-discovered the meaning of working a long day. at my new job i decided that instead of working 5 or 6 days a week, i would just get my 40 hours in 4 days. it's great except for the fact that i'm on my feet all day running around like a chicken with its head cut off. who knew a plasma center could be such an attraction. it's amazing what people will do for a measly 30 bucks. each time a donor comes in they go through the same routine: sign in, get registered in the system, get weighed, get their finger pricked and have their blood tested for hematocrit and protein, they get their left index finger painted with flourescent dye, then they are taken into a booth and asked the same 13 questions and have their blood pressure and temperature taken. only after going through that entire process and passing all the tests, they are allowed to donate plasma, after which, if they donate the full amount, they can collect their $30. it just seems like a huge ordeal for a little amount of money, yet people come in by the droves twice a week {you are allowed to donate plasma two times in a seven day period} to cash in on the opportunity. it's madness. but i really enjoy my new job at biomedics. the people i work with are all great and it definitely keeps me on my toes. i'm learning a lot and they say i'm the fastest learning trainee they've had. hopefully once school starts, i won't be cursing my decision to leave my cush job where i could study all day if i wanted to.

1 comments:

bec said...

I love new jobs, it's fun to learn new things and meet new people. I'll bet you anything my sister will become a regular there.