8.13.2007

emissions testing

i have had a lovely little experience today. i set out at 10:30 this morning to get the emissions test done on the car. it's now 3:00 in the afternoon and i just walked in the door about 15 minutes ago. i went to 5 {yes 5 dad} jiffy lubes where each had a different story as to why they weren't doing emissions testing. then i went to 3 other shops and finally found one where i would have to wait an hour and fifteen minutes to get my car tested. all that for a dumb little sticker. can't we think of a better system? come one people! i say we go back to the days where nobody cared about emissions {did that day ever exist?} and go on driving and living out happy lives that don't include spending all day getting your car's emission tested.

4 comments:

Taylor said...

Yo Staci,

I will hook you up with some serious knowledge. There is a sweet place on 300 South (and 400 W.?) that specializes in just emissions. They will have you in and out in 20 minutes. They will even do your registration there as well. (this probably is information that would have been helpful to you yesterday)

bec said...

I bet Hazel can tell you about that day.

Naylor Family said...

That is so great you can run that far!! I've been wanting to get into maybe doing a half marathon, but it's too stinkin hot to train here in the summer, especially when Justin leaves at 4:15 AM. I'm not working out before then! What did you do to train for it?

The Original Fred said...

If I understood you correctly, you went to 8 different shops. I commend you on your tenacity, but in this day and age of mobile communication, wouldn't a simple phone call have done the trick. I don't know, maybe I'm old fashion or something.