3.30.2008

holy crap!


after a great weekend up in boise we returned home late to find a bag of mail attached to our stair railing. chris imediately saw there was no large envelope so he passed the mail bag by and left it to me to go through. i found a small envelope from the university of utah. we both looked at each other and knew that the inevitable had finally come. we were either wait-listed or rejected completely...freezing wisconsin here we come. {we've both been gearing everything to that and getting excited for milwuakee since that's where we were happy to be headed} chris opened up the envelope and started to read. i wasn't really reading the letter, just scanning for the words "i'm sorry" or "wait-list" but instead it read "i am delighted to offer you a position in the august 2008 freshman class of the university of utah school of medicine." chris's face lit up and his eyes were huge. i was so shocked i couldn't even believe it. we looked at each other...both of us in unbelief. i can't believe that after all the waiting, all the anxiety, all the work that it was finally over. i cannot even begin to express how proud i am of chris. for three years he has worked, studied and fretted over his application, test, interview. the U takes 8 applicants from idaho each year--8. for him to be a white male from BYU of all places. i have been rooting for the U from the minute he got an interview there even after chris assured and reassured me that there was no way he was getting in there {the chances were just too slim} and we have been waiting since october to hear that we were accepted. we are very blessed {and relieved} to be able to stay in an area that's close to family and are vey happy to be going to medical school. i am so lucky to be married to such a wonderful guy who establishes goals for himself and sets out to accomplish them. i know i've said this a million times but we are so very appreciative of all the prayers and support that have come in our behalf. we know that without the encouragement and help of those around us we would not be as blessed as we are.

13 comments:

jen said...

I am SO dang happy for you guys! That is wonderful. It brought back the memory of our letter from BYU law that my husband got accepted. It's such a HUGE relief to know that you can be close to family. I bet Marla and Bruce are SO excited. YAY, YAY, YAY!!! Congrats!!!!!!

The Original Fred said...

What wonderful news. I am so proud of Chris and his efforts. Stace, as they say, "Ya dun good." Though I would have happily supported you both where ever, I have been hoping that you would be in Utah, since New Mexico wasn't an option. You and Chris are wonderful. I love you both.

Dad

bec said...

You have no idea how this makes me!! I'm not sure if I'm more happy for you guys for this great opportunity and that things worked out so well, or for us, because we'll still get to see you.

Brandon said...

I think what my wife meant to say is that "you have no idea how happy this makes me". She tends to leave words out of her sentences when she is really excited. And so am I. Congratulations

Brandon said...

I think what my wife meant to say is that "you have no idea how happy this makes me". She tends to leave words out of her sentences when she is really excited. And so am I. Congratulations

Gretchen said...

YAY!!! I am soooo freak'n excited for you two! That is so wonderful! We knew you could do it Chris! Jake and I are so happy for you guys, and the fact that you will be so close =)

Jill Langston Kaufusi said...

Congratulations mr. smarty pants! We're so proud of you! Now that you're going to stay living in Utah we can still pretend like we're gonna hang out!! I've heard how hard it is to get in there, and I'm so excited that you shimmied on in!

Marci said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you guys!!

ms said...

Yay, hurray, this is stupendous news!

Naylor Family said...

Congrats you guys! That's so exciting! Chris will be a great doctor!

kaitlyn said...

Congrats!!!! I am glad you guys got in where you really wanted! It will be so nice to have the support of family. Good luck with this opportunity, it is going to be amazing!

Taylor said...

Wow! Congratulations! That is SO great, I am so happy for you guys.

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

that doesn't suprise me at all! chris is such a brain and on the ball that i knew he'd get in. CONGRATS! even though i think wisconsin is closer to kentucky and we might have a chance to see you...we're happy for you. ok ok lets be real... i don't think we'd ever drive out to wisconsin. lets just meet in b-town!