9.21.2007

who needs math?

in order to graduate per my major requirements i have to take a calculus course. after spending a little over a week in a calculus class my first year at BYU, i decided to put the hellish class off for as long as i possibly could. well considering i plan to graduate in april it doesn't leave me very much time. while talking with a friend over some biomechanics homework about my dilemma of hating calculus, she told me how she had replaced it with a class we had taken together. i was so excited i almost fell out of my chair. today i finally worked up the courage to{rather chris made me} go and talk with my faculty advisor about it. after being ridiculed for not having taken a college math course that could help me better absorb the material in my chemistry, physics and physiology classes, my faculty advisor reluctantly signed my form to not only replace the calculus class with one of my previous class but to waive it completely. after this semester is over i have 4 measely credits left in my major to fulfill all my major requirements. that leaves me with 8 credits of whatever i want. i'm thinking photography and clothing construction and an easy easy last semester.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are missing out on some very valuable educational opportunities.