7.16.2007

attack of the mosquitos

last night we went down to the lake {utah lake} for a little bonfire {which we found out later is not allowed} and some games with quinn and lex. we spent the majority of the evening far from the fire because it was too hot and played a game of "how well do you know your spouse". lex and i would ask the boys a question like "favorite vacation spot" or "closest sibling" or "biggest dream" {we didn't come up with the questions, we had a list} and then they would whisper their answer about themselves to each other and we had to guess it. if we guessed right our couple would get a point. then the boys would ask us a question. it was fun guessing and watching. quinn and lex ended up winning by 3. but just as it was getting dark we heard this loud buzzing noise and all of the sudden we were in the midst of a gaint mosquito cloud. swarms of them. at first it didn't bother me because i don't usually get bitten by mosquitos but pretty soon i was swatting at them just as much as everybody else. frantically, we packed up our chairs and ran up to our cars to wait for the fire to burn out. now today i'm playing connect the dots with my mosquito bites on my legs.

2 comments:

bec said...

that sounds like a fun game. That reminds me of my bridal shower and I knew they would play one of those games where they ask me a million questions about Brandon so I tried to ask him everything I thought they would ask me. I don't think it helped.

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

so i itch like crazy! hey, do you and chris want to go to a 50 cent movie tonight? no, not a movie about 50 cent...but a movie that costs 50 cents.
love ya,
lex