5.30.2007

dirty dishes

last night after dinner chris tried to sneak out of the kitchen. "hey! where do you think you're going mr!" i really enjoy it when we do the dishes together because it seems to go by so much faster because i'm not just in there humming to myself. but last night i think i would have rather been alone. i was busy in the soapy water when i heard a loud crash {as loud as can be expected on carpet} i looked at the floor, then up at a frowning chris, then back at the floor. my new "ice cream" bowl from color me mine lay sprawled out in a million little pieces. chris was still frowning and he sat down next to the pile of broken pottery and crossed his legs. he felt so bad and it was so cute i couldn't help but smile. "that was like a $20 bowl!" i'm still not sure if he was mourning the bowl or the loss of the money. but i knew later it was the bowl when he asked me if i wanted him to break his bowl on purpose to be fair. i just told him he had to take me back to color me mine again sometime soon.

0 comments: